Nordic Steel Construction Conference 2019
The Nordic Steel Construction Conference is a conference with 50 years of proud traditions. The conference series started in Stockholm in 1970. Since then, the conference has circulated between the four Nordic countries and held every three to four years joining academia and practitioners. The previous conference held in Finland in 2015 gathered Nordic as well as European and international scientists, representatives of steel manufacturers, steel wholesalers, contractors, consultants, architects, etc. It was and will yet again be a great success.
The Nordic Steel 2019 conference will present high quality papers at the forefront of steel research and give all participants a great opportunity to gain state-of-the-art knowledge as well as the possibility of sharing and discussing ideas and developments with steel experts. The conference proceedings disseminate the papers with the extensive knowledge presented during the conference. Based on reviews of the scientific committee we will select the best papers. We will treat delegates with Nordic traditions.
Publisher Ernst & Sohn and its Steel Construction journal are calling for the new Bernt Johansson Outstanding Paper Awards. Bernt Johansson (1942–2017) was a Swedish engineer and professor at Lulea University of Technology in Northern Sweden, who was engaged in the development of Eurocode 3 and the use of high strength steels in construction. The scientific committee lead by Prof. Jeppe Jönsson of DTU has nominated seven papers for the new awards:
- Andreas Müller, Andreas Taras (Univ. Bundeswehr Munich): Preliminary study on the impact of initial imperfections on the post-buckling rotation of square hollow sections in uniform bending
- Valentino Vigneri, Christoph Odenbreit (Univ. Luxembourg), Dennis Lam (Univ. Bradford): Different load-bearing mechanisms in headed stud shear connections in composite beams with profiled steel sheeting.
- Paul W. Richards (Brigham Young Univ.): A Repairable Connection for Earthquake-Resisting Moment Frames
- Stefanie Röscher, Markus Knobloch (Ruhr Univ. Bochum): Two-stage-model for the prognosis of fatigue life – application to butt weld
- Martin Bjerre Nielsen, Jacob Fisker Jensen, Christopher Harper, Lennart Skovbjerg Knudsen, Ronnie Refstrup Pedersen (Ramboll Offshore Wind): State-of-the-Art Framework for Structural Design of Offshore Wind Jacket Foundations
- Pedro Casariego (Int. Univ. Catalonia), Miquel Casafont, Miquel Ferrer, Frederic Marimon (UP Catalonia): Compression behaviour of cold formed steel trapezoidal sheeting with transverse corrugations
- Adrien Corman, Jean-Pierre Jaspart, Jean-François Demonceau (Univ. Liege): Resistance of the beam-to-column component “column web panel in shear” – numerical and analytical investigations.
Amongst those nominated papers the awardees will be selected. At the Nordic Steel gala dinner Jeppe Jönsson and Bernhard Hauke, editor-in-chief of Steel Construction journal, will laud the winners. In Steel Construction issue 3/2019 an extended version of all nominated papers will be published. The issue will be available in Copenhagen, it will be part of the confernce bag.
You will find further informations on the homepage of the Nordic Steel 2019.
- Arbeitsausschuss "Ufereinfassueinfassungen" der HTG e. V. (ed.)8., revised Edition – December 2005
ISBN: 978-3-433-01666-4out of print
- XXIV, 636 pages