European Journal of Masonry 02/16
Cover Story: The arched viaduct at Einsiedelstein near the Wermelskirchen junction between Leverkusen and Wuppertal was originally built in 1938 and has now been rebuilt with a new carriageway deck as part of the six-lane widening of the Federal Autobahn A1. GRASSL Ingenieure performed the necessary structural recalculation of the bridge structure for the actions according to DIN Specialist Report 101 “Actions on Bridges” as well as the design for construction (see also the article on pp. 147–159).
(photo: © wilfried-dechau.de, design and structural design: www.grassl-ing.de)
Table of Contents:
- RC frames with masonry inﬁ lls and proposals for new solutions
- Literature study on carbonation of lime in mortars
- Masonry buildings at the borderline to high-rise – Part 1
- Partial rebuilding of the Einsiedelstein viaduct
- Installing windows in composite thermal insulation systems
- Energyefﬁcient building – Ofﬁce block 2226 in Lustenau
- Sztynort Palace – Damage, repair and contemporary adaptations
Order a free sample copy of European Journal of Masonry.