14th Structural Engineering Award 2015
The jury met on 21 November 2014 in Berlin. The jury selected the winner from 46 entered projects located in nine countries (Belgium, Brazil, Germany, France, Austria, Saudi-Arabia, Switzerland, USA, People's Republic of China) according to functional, technical, economic and design criteria.
The winner is:
- Kaeng Krachan Elefantenpark, Zürich (CH)
Once again this year, all the projects demonstrated excellently the whole range of structural engineering in design and construction.
The jury under chairman Prof. Norbert Gebbeken, Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers, chose the winning project unanimously in the first round. The following projects were also mentioned with distinction (without order):
- Ultimate Trough Test Loop California, Harper Lake (USA)
- Construction excavations for the extension of the Rhine power station at Iffezheim
- Rail overbridge Grubentalbrücke VDE 8.1 on the new line Ebensfeld-Erfurt, Erfurt
- Bridge over the Saar at Mettlach, repair and refurbishment, Mettlach
The prize giving ceremony takes place on 30 January 2015 in Munich.