Geomechanics and Tunnelling 02/16
The tunnel drives in the section Sedrun had among others to pass the major fault zone of the Tavetsch Intermediate Massif. In order to cope with the expected high radial deformation special equipment and yielding support elements were used. The overlapping TH-profiles were mounted to a ring using a 54 t support machine.
Table of Contents:
Gotthard Base Tunnel
- Choice of the tunnel system
- Technical project overview
- Tunnel drives at Sedrun
- Ground conditions in Faido
- Management of tunnel spoil
- Environmental monitoring
- Performance indicator of linings
Order a free sample copy of Geomechanics and Tunnelling.