Cover Story: The apartment block in Eberswalde provides optimum living accommodation suitable for senior citizens and obstacle free.
External walls made of Ytong aerated concrete are to a large extent heat insulating, and thus guarantee acceptable temperatures inside the building at any time of year and offer the greatest possible fi re protection. The load bearing inner walls made of noise insulating Silka calcareous sandstone guarantee the necessary quiet within their own four walls.
Table of Contens:
- Veneer walls of masonry as specifi ed in EC 6
- Arching effect in case of exterior walls with low surcharge under wind action
- Sound insulation according to E DIN 4109-2, effect of interior insulation
- Design of masonry buildings of three-layered units according to Eurocode 6
- Technical specifi cation for application of autoclaved aerated concrete in China
- Performance labels for assessing the sustainability of buildings