19th Congress of IABSE - Stockholm 2016Challenges in Design and Construction of an Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment
Challenges in Design and Construction of an Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment is the main theme of the 19th Congress of IABSE. The economic growth of the global community in combination with the increasing population worldwide results in a higher consumption of all kinds of resources. It is a challenge for the global community to reduce the use of resources and reach a sustainable development and create an environmentally friendly way of life. Structural and civil engineers have an important role in finding new and innovative solutions that can be used in planning, design and construction of the built environment.
Topics are related to both fundamentals and applications in a global theme context. Example topics could be, but are not limited to:
- Flexible, human friendly and traffic efficient structures
- Cost efficiency in design and construction
- Contracts and the procurement process
- Digitalisation as an enabler in the construction industry
- Low-intrusive construction and maintenance
- Safety of temporary structures
- Strengthening and retrofitting of aging infrastructure
- Confidence in implementing innovations
- Practical use of multi-criteria decision making through big data
- Structural safety and risk assessment; systems in different countries
- Product Category Rules (PCR) as a base for Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
- General or other Challenges in Design and Construction
- Forensic Engineering
The conference sessions will give an opportunity to present research results, new technical developments, interesting project presentations, lessons learnt and future expectations, and are divided into two types; Scientific and Technical.
For Scientific Sessions a paper of six to eight pages in combination with an oral presentation of 10 minutes is expected. For Technical Sessions shorter papers are accepted. They will allow participants to present developments from academia and practice within the context of the global theme. These sessions will start with about three to four short presentations about the specified topic followed directly by a discussion for all attendees to actively participate in.
Das könnte Sie auch interessieren
- Hens, Hugo
Building Physics - Heat, Air and MoistureFundamentals and Engineering Methods with Examples and ExercisesMai 2007
ISBN: 978-3-433-01841-5Gedruckte Ausgabe derzeit nicht lieferbar
- XIV, 270 Seiten